• Design interface structures between process modules and hull deck (FPSO, FLNG, LNG Carriers) • Define hull behavior (motion and deformation parameters) for an for an assigned set of environmental conditions • Check with Piping Department the integration of hull utilities piping system with topside process piping • Define structural interface/interaction between LNG carrier hull and LNG storage tank (a type according to IGC code) • Prepare technical reports for use by engineers, managers, or sales personnel • Study design proposals and specifications to establish basic characteristics of a ship, such a size, weight and speed • Design superstructures, following safety standardsDevelop Conceptual studies for structures definitions. • Elaborate FEED Structural design for topside steel structures, including structural calculations, definition of main structural joints, structure scheme and calculation report. • Perform structural calculations for sizing of topside process modules steel structures for typical load scenarios and lifting devices. • Prepare Structural design documentation (such as Calculation Report, Structures “single line” schemes, Joints details, Weight Control Report, Loads on Foundations, Lifting schemes, Transportation schemes). • Partner with engineers of the other disciplines/departments to develop the design of equipment. • Review vendor bids and prepare technical bid evaluations related to steel beams, plates and lifting devices. • Interact autonomously with international clients and vendors. • Assist and coach less-experienced structural naval engineers.
• Degree in Naval Engineering • Minimum 10 years of relevant experience as Naval engineer in upstream O&G industry.
• Ability to develop static schemes and preliminary design of main structural elements (beam, columns and bracings), in accordance with Client Specifications and International Codes (ASIC, API, DNV, GL NOBLE DENTON)
• Knowledge of structural joints (welded and bolted type) design and lifting devices (lifting spreader beams/frames, lifting lugs/trunnions).
• Ability to organize basic and detailed structural engineering design activities.
• Proficiency in English.
• High level of accuracy and attention to details.
• Strong team-working abilities.
• Ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with the other discipline engineers.
Competitive base salary and attractive compensation programs.